I recently found out what the top ten fears that most people fear were and surprisingly public speaking comes out a the top…even beating the fear of death!
1. Fear of public speaking (Glossophobia)
2. Fear of death (Necrophobia)
3. Fear of spiders (Arachnophobia)
4. Fear of darkness (Achluophobia, Scotophobia or Myctophobia)
5. Fear of heights (Acrophobia)
6. Fear of people or social situations (Sociophobia)
7. Fear of flying (Aerophobia)
8. Fear of open spaces(Agoraphobia)
9. Fear of thunder and lightning (Brontophobia)
10. Fear of confined spaces(Claustrophobia)
I really think this is incredibly strange and thought I would send out this invitation to you all. If you want to get over your fear of public speaking in relaxed surroundings. If you want to meet new friends or further your career prosepects, come and, join us at Thanet Speakers Club at (www.thanetspeakers.org.uk).
Ian Lockyer (http://www.easimarketing.com)